Wednesday, July 9, 2008

ELLIE is here! :)




Hello hello from the land of newborns! I'll just do a quick blog cause some of the pictures of the baby are on my moms camera cause like dorks we didn't make sure our camera was completely charged!! Gee duh, we know!
Monday morning I slept in really really late and woke up and had some stuff going on down there that wasn't quite right so I called the doctor and they told me I was in labor. Unfortunately Ryan works in South Provo and my parents and sister who is here from Colorado were all down in Provo. And I was here with the two kids freaking out cause this was obviously not like the other two and I was nervous. Anyway I called Ryan right away he came home and we got in the car with the kids and got down to the hospital just in time to meet up with my parents. I was admitted around 12:45 in my room by 1:15. I had my epidural that took 4 times to be placed around 2:15. I was around 5cm at 3:30 which is when they gave me the pitocin. By 5:50 my epidural wore off a little and I was feeling her "coming". They prepped me and waited for the doctor to come and I was ready to push by 6:15. I pushed for 15 minutes and she was out!!!! WOO HOO!! She was born at 6:30pm and weighed 7lbs 3oz and is 18inches long. She has by far the most hair of any of our kids so far, it's jet black and sticks up, but no we don't have a gorilla baby! She's darling but of course we are very partial, she's just absolutely precious! We feel so blessed to have a perfectly healthy, beautiful baby! Love to all!

18 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Congrats on your new sweet little girl!

The Okamoto Clan said...

I'm so glad I got my internet back finally and checked your blog tonight! CONGRATS!!! How exciting...we are so happy for you guys! Glad everything went well! She's adorable!!!

John, Jamie & the Little Ones... said...

Congratulations! She is so cute! It sounds like labor was pretty good, 15 mintues of pushing is fabulous! Sorry the epidural was so hard to take though. Hopefully I'm not to far behind you! I'm so happy for you and your family. Get some rest and snuggle the baby for me!

Tbone said...

Welcome to the world, beautiful Ellie! Thanks for the info. Gosh, 4 tries to place the epidural sounds horrible, but then 15 minutes of pushing to deliver sounds nice. Hope all is well.

Rebecca said...

Oh goodness, SHE IS SO CUTE!! I have been stalking your blog like crazy waiting for pictures! I love how she is already accessorized! We can't wait to meet her!!! Great job you guys!

Heather & the Guys said...

Congratulations!! She is adorable!!

Jeanie Doll said...

Congrats! She is a doll!

Jackie said...

CONGRATS GUYS!! SHE IS ADORABLE!!

Megan said...

Congrats!!!! She is beautiful!

Kelsie Dahl said...

I am so happy for you! She looks beautiful. I can't wait to see more pictures!!! It sounds like things went well. I hope I can meet her when wemove back in the fall : )

Tammy said...

Yay, I'm so glad that things went so well for you and that we were able to see you for a minute while we were up in Utah. Congrats she is beautiful!!! Can't wait to see her in person.

Okamoto Family said...

Congratulations! She is a cutie. We are coming up next week. If it's okay with you we'll stop by and say hello and meet the new little one.

The Reeds said...

Congrads on the new baby girl. She is pretty cute with all that hair. I'm gald that everything went well for you. Your other kids are growing so fast. I may not know them by fall :)

Skinner said...

She is so stinkin' cute! So glad she's healthy and it sounds like the delivery went pretty smoothly. What a blessing! Congrats!

Haley said...

Elissa she is adorable! Congratulations! I'll come visit soon!

Proudfit Family said...

She is adorable!! I am so happy that everything went good with delivery. Congratulations! It wa so great to see you guys- we miss you so much. Note to self- when I want to go into labor eat at wingers.

Kristen & Brandon said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I'll have to come by and visit y'all! I miss seeing you! And I just found out that you are good friends w/ Cherry Rush! She's my sister-in-law's sister-in-law! Small world! But she speaks very highly of you! Anyway, I miss ya so we should for sure get together soon!
Kristen

Cami said...

Congratulation!!! She is adorable.