Wednesday, July 2, 2008

No baby yet! Just an update!


Well if you've seen my baby ticker I am 13 days away from my due date. I have never gone to my due date but have never gone 2 weeks early as well. So this next week or less is my countdown. I am feeling very big and as a sweet woman in our ward stated I also look big! :) No worries I'm not offended! Hence why you have not seen a picture of me on our blog in a while, I see the scale I don't need a reminder on my blog! So the last blog I did I finished Ellie's blanket, now her room is completely ready for her to come. Ryan and I found a great dresser at Ikea and put it together Sat night and love it, she'll have it till FOREVER!

On Monday some very sweet lady's/girls in our ward that live a few houses down threw me a luncheon/baby shower. It was totally something I love, yummy food, chit chatting and some cute presents. No dumb games or frilly baby shower crud, soooo not me! I really had a blast and the kids actually behaved themselves!

Another update, Reese looks like a true garage door mouth right now! He lost both his front teeth within days of each other and looks slightly ridiculous. He loves it though and of course it's his right of passage at this age! Here's his goofy grin!


Okay so I was reading my cousins wife's blog the other day and she was talking about ants in their house. She's so funny she said, "On what day did God create ants! And WHY?" My sentiments exactly, except my question is "On what day did God create flys and why??" We have a similar pest but ours fly and they really drive me absolutely INSANE!!! Did I say INSANE they seriously do, just ask Ryan. I will spend a whole hour maybe more just killing them all off so that I can have peace of mind later! I'm sure when I die I will have to account for the 100's of flies I have killed but oh well, I could care less!

Little did we know that we would be moving near a mink farm a block or so away and that those little stinkers (literally) bring with them flies galore. So bad that everyone that lives within a 1/2 mile radius has a swarm on their front porch, really nowhere else just the front porch. Grosses the heck out of me! So last night we hoped over to Lowe's and bought fly strips and a fly trap to place around the perimeter of our house. Now I can have a little bit of peace!

One of my victims!!! hehehe

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Yea, I'm glad you had a fun shower. I'm sure you look beautiful. You looked great when we saw you a while back at Disney. Your blanket is amazing. I hope everything goes smooth for you with the delivery, and I'm excited to see pictures. :)

Rebecca said...

Reese looks so cute!! I love the missing teeth.

And we can't wait to see little Ellie! Tell her to come on out! Maybe all the fly killing will induce you!

Melody said...

I'm so excited for you. Also can't wait to see your little Ellie! Post lots of pictures. Reese looks so big now! It's been too long since we've seen you guys. Good luck girlie!

Vehars said...

You are such a dork about flies!! TOO FUNNY! Hey if you guys want you should come over for dessert or something tonight! Let me know! Reagan is SOOO excited to see Lo and Roo and of course her baby Ellie!!

Lacey.costner said...

lol those frikkin flies!!! Well, atleast Ryan now knows how to properly use the fly traps..lol and you do look great, you don't look huge!!

A new Flight Attendant, said...

I'm not sure if I'm so happy these days because I know that in a few short days I won't be pregnant anymore, or if it's just a delusion created by my pregnancy hormones, lol. Yay for us! We're almost done!!!
P.S.- I hate flies too!

Becky said...

So we went to Haley's ward this Sunday and I was hoping to see you guys there. Bummer. Are you in the other ward now?