Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween







(Ryan: The Ghost of Firstline Past, Ellers: Our chubby sweet pea, Roo: Optimus Prime, Lo: A scary witch-even though she's not so scary. She had an awesome cackle to go with her costume!)
YAY it's over!! Just kidding. I love Halloween and fall but this year kind of kicked my butt! We decided to be a little more creative and make the kids costumes. Okay when you see the pictures do not think for one minute that I made Ellie's costume, I'm not talented in that way! And Trev I didn't try to one up you by putting the flower on her costume I had that idea when I first bought it a while ago!


So this year like all years past Reese wanted to be what every other little boy wants to be, the latest superhero or cool new movie costume. So we gave in but on our terms it had to be cooler! I googled homemade Optimus Prime costumes and quite a few came up. We took ideas from a few different pictures and started saving up boxes. Laurens costume was super easy and that was GREAT for me.


The day started off by getting the girls ready and going over to Reese's school for his Halloween parade. My dad came with us, thank goodness, he was such a big help. Reese didn't go to school in his get-up so I had to go and get him dressed. Of course when his class entered the gym who hits the door and breaks his costume, oh yeah that would be my child, yes he did not look like a cool Optimus Prime he was more like the frazzled broken one at the end of the movie!! :) When the parade was over we took him home to fix his costume so we could head to Ryan's work for trick or treating at his office. That was fun cause one of Ryan's co-workers made an Optimus Prime costume as well. Then after work trick or treating we came back here for the ward Trunk or Treating. So fun other than the fact that it started raining and it was slightly cold, no surprise its Utah! Then we came home and ate dinner and later went to my mom and dads. It was a very busy day but so much fun and the kids loved it.




9 comments:

Maren said...

Your family is so cute! I love the homemade Optimus Prime, that is AWESOME!

I had no idea but we have twin babies, I had a little boy on July 7th too. Crazy!

Vehars said...

I am super impressed by Reese's costume! Good job! I'll for sure show Kevin he will be equally impressed!Looks like you guys had a blast on Halloween!

Becky said...

Wow! Impressive costumes! I can't believe you made them. Nice work. Your kids look great!

Trevor said...

I love Reese's Optimus Prime costume. Gosh, that looks like a costume Mom would have made back in the day. Ellie's costume is cute too. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so Rayley thanks you! (I'm TOTALLY Kidding)

ToddS said...

I was very worried about Ryan's "costume" until I saw that his crooked-hat-and-hoodie was in fact called out in the comments. Don't be that guy. Ever.

Melody said...

I am so impressed girlie. Those costumes are so cute. Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween. Love the Firstline costume.

McCall said...

hoo-ray,i found your blog. Optimus Prime... wow! i can't believe you really made that. maybe you could teach me a few things?

The Gibby's said...

Darling Elissa! It was good talking to you the other night. We need to have a girls night soon!

So I had a little scare and decided to go back to "private" on my blog. I don't remember who I have invited so if you are interested, send me an email so I can add you. I'm going to put my email address in "code" cause I am scared of getting junk mail. Ha!

So my email address is my first name@ my first and last name .com. (ex: jane@janedoe.com)

Shauna B. said...

Fun Halloween! I like your music choices too!