Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight and Cornea Ulcer


Hello hello, well I guess I'm not such a bad blogger after all!!


Yes I was one of the crazy's that went to the opening of Twilight last night or this morning! At the last minute I found tickets at the Cinemark near my house and called my good friend Emily to see if she would want to come with me. I picked her up at 9:45pm and we headed over to the theater. Silly Ryan thought we were going WAY too early but when we got there the line was really long. And I felt pretty good about going when we did after talking to Lacey, Ryan's sister who went at 7pm!! Crazy Lacey! :) The movie was eeehhh. I kind of knew it would have a hard time capturing the feeling of Stephenie Meyers vision in her books and that is exactly what it was. It was a little disappointing and it felt like a lower budget film. I'm sorry to say that Kristen Stewart did a crappy job and Robert Pattinson was ok. The most riveting part of the evening was the previews and that's about it! Okay on a side note it was a little weird they showed the FREAKY movie trailer for Unborn and then a new kids movie 2 after that. WEIRD! Needless to say I had a blast with my friend Emily and I'm dog tired this morning after getting home around 2:45am.


So because I was a crazy and went to this midnight showing I will explain my second topic on my title. Last night my left eye was bothering me but I figured I'd be okay and it wasn't too bad. It was red and hurting but I didn't bring my glasses so I just dealt with it. By the middle of the movie my eye was killing me and I could hardly keep it open and keep it from watering. When I got home after the movie my eye was completely red and blood shot looking. I took my contacts out and went to bed. I woke up this morning and it felt and looked the same. I was really worried something was really wrong with my eye so Ryan stayed home and took me to the doctors. I have an ulcer on my cornea basically due to bacteria in my eye. It hurts really bad and looks even worse. All for the sake of going to a midnight showing of a not so great movie! Oh well, good times with a good friend and a half way decent movie! Love to all!

13 comments:

Lacey.costner said...

lol, awww Elissa your poor Eye!! My love goes out to you! I'm glad you had a good time, I wish we would have sat all together, it would have made the movie more entertaining for sure!! Love you

Erica East said...

I too was disappointed by the movie. Kristen Stewart's acting was painful...lol!

It would have been fun if we all could have sat together or at least in the same theatre.

It was a fun night though.

Rebecca said...

That stinks about your eye. I hate glasses, but contacts can really be a pain sometimes. Especially if you are like me and hardly ever take them out.

Okamoto Family said...

I'm surprised you didn't like the movie. I love it. It definately exceeded my expectations.

Camille said...

SO, I was checking all the blogs of everyone who entered the giveaway tonight, and laughed when I saw yours- your sister was my roommate! Yes, Dana and I shared a room for a semester at BYU Idaho. And I've gotten to know Rebecca through blogging. I guess it really is a small world...

Anonymous said...

Where is the freaky eye picture then? I wanna see.....

Elissa said...

LOL Sorry Eric or Nikki, no yucky pictures of my freak eye! It's better now.

Shauna B. said...

I was a little disapointed too in Twilight too. So sorry about your eye! Hope it's better now!

McCall said...

i have not yet seen it. i am going sometime this week with my sisters... i have only allowed myself to hear the minimal - basically whether people like it or not - and its about half and half.

i am so sorry to hear about your eye! that does not sound fun at all. i didn't see you at church on sunday - but i hope your eye is getting better. what did the doc do? just medication?

Elissa said...

McCall! Just drops for my eye it's better and pretty much gone. Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Rebecca said...

I love the mantle picture! But...do you have an announcement? I see an extra stocking!

Elissa said...

Rebecca- You silly, heck no I'm not making a pregnancy announcement!! That is for Sherman, all he will be getting is COAL!!

Marion said...

Hey- What's up with our dinner plans? You guys want to do something this weekend?