Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Now that we've been married almost 8 years we have come to the realization that it isn't possible to fight crowds on Valentines Day! So without really sitting down and talking about it we have started a tradition of having our own steak and seafood dinner here at home. The last few years we've done this and I totally love it. We spend the evening with our kids and have a yummy dinner all together. This year I bought a little banner and the kids and I made cupcakes that afternoon. It was a great day and evening spent together with our little family! Hope everyone had a great day as well!!
(Reese's Valentines box he made at school for all his little Valentines treats!)
P.S. Ryan thought he would be sneaky and make me think he bought me a certain type of gift only a bold husband would buy on this holiday but I was thoroughly surprised by the perfume he bought instead!! And he got a Kitchen Aid he's always wanted to start down his road of being the perfect Mormon mom with her perfect homemade bread, ground up wheat and all!! :)

This is just a picture of our chubby happy baby after she got into the frosting that the kids left on the counter next to her!!

2 comments:

Jeanie Doll said...

Aww cute post. :)

Rebecca said...

Lauren is so cute! I can't believe she is four already. It seems like they only grow faster and faster. And Ellie is super cute! You need more posts about her! I feel like we may never get to meet her.