Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Reese


(We did a lot of this together!! Wow how you forget what it's like with just one!)(He HATED that hat, that was one of my favorite outfits!)

Our little man, our only little man turned 7! It was a super crazy weekend but we were so glad to get Valadez family pictures taken and celebrate Reese's birthday! Dana and Kevin came into town for a visit and it worked out that they were here until Tuesday. First off we want to thank all the family that came to Reese's shin-dig last night, it was fun having both grandparents here and a few of his Aunts and Uncles.

As many of you know Little Roo came to us as somewhat of a surprise. Our 5 year plan did not work very well when I skipped a birth control day and "tried" doubling up, 9 months later came little Ootie exactly a week before our year anniversary! We were so young and probably not very smart but we were so blessed to have him right off the bat. When he got a little older we taught him all sorts of tricks and funny things to do, my parents would always tell us "He's not
a toy you know!?!". Oh but he was, he was such a fun baby! Toddlers, ehh thats a whole other blog. But as he's gotten older and now that he's 7 we have transitioned out of the little boy stage. He's such a smart little sucker and has done well his 1st grade year. This past year we have come to realize that he is an amazing reader and can pick up on the lyrics of a song quickly and sing a song back to us. He has such a sweet little voice, we love it when he sings to us. My favorite is his "I Like Money" song! HILARIOUS! Anyway, not to brag but we love our little guy. He's an amazing big brother to Lauren and Ellie and brings us so much joy, grief as well but not too much! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our little guy!

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh goodness, it is so hard to believe that it has been seven years! Happy Birthday, Reese a Roo. We are so glad you grew into that big ol head, and that you filled it with smarts too. WE LOVE YOU!!

Jeanie Doll said...

Happy Birthday to the future heart breaker! He's so handsome!

Shelley said...

What cute pictures. I loved reading that. I love the picture with Reese sleeping on you. Happy birthday to him, and I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend with family.

The Okamoto Clan said...

7??? Well, I guess that has to be right if Ethan is turning 6 next week! I still can't believe it's been that many years...but we're not getting older, just them, right? Happy Birthday Reese!

Melody said...

When you said 7 I don't know what I was thinking. He was so little last I saw him, but I guess Isaac is 6 now. Just surprising how fast time flys. Happy Birthday Reese, you handsome lil' feller.

Lacey.costner said...

He is such a sweet boy!! WE love roo!

McCall said...

i had no idea you had him so fast. haha.

happy birthday reese!

Vehars said...

I still can't believe he's seven already! We're glad we were there for his b-day.