Thursday, February 14, 2008

NO fun in the snow!


One of the buried cars behind our house!


Yesterday was quite the eventful day!! The snow storm rolled into Utah Valley and hit our area around 3pm, right before Reese got out of school. I left 20 minutes early so I could catch a spot in the Kindergarten circle!! Don't ask!! So from around 3pm the wind starting blowing and I don't mean nice breeze blowing more like blowing so hard you can't breath! Reese got out around 3:30pm and his teacher let them out another door and of course parents in the Kindergarten circle are retarded and couldn't figure out how to get their kids in the car faster. So these poor little munchkins who's parents were waiting to get their kids pretty much froze, oh and some of them didn't have jackets! I got Reese home thank goodness and I'm grateful we only live about 1/2 mile away from the school. Event #2- Ryan thinking the weather wasn't that bad didn't leave South Provo (note: normally a 30min commute) until 5:30pm. Let's see he didn't make it home until 7:30pm. YES TWO HOURS!!! Maybe I'm not conveying how bad the weather really was but it was bad, the worst I've ever seen, so bad they closed the main highway in front of our house, SR-92. Then I called my mom cause she commutes from downtown SLC and I was really worried she wouldn't be able to make it home. She made it home around 7:45 almost 3 hours from the time she left work! And the most major event which I could not get a picture of last night cause it was blowing so hard outside. There is a round-about behind our house and because they closed the connecting main highway they were re-routing everyone to this round-about. It was insane for not even joking for over 6 hours. An ambulance showed up and there are about 3 cars buried this morning. We felt so bad sitting in our warm house watching these poor people stuck in their cars for hours. Anyway, Ryan left this morning thinking he could make it out of our street and the pictures will show that was not the case! These pictures are just a few I took of the aftermath of last night! Love to all!
The snow drift was up about 3 feet, that's Ryan's stuck truck behind our mailbox!

Hanging his head in shame!!! :)

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

HOLY COW!!!

Tara said...

Hi! I just want you to know I really enjoy your blog! And yes, the weather was CRAZY! My friend and her husband decided to drive to Wendover the same day and the 15freeway was closed going both ways. They almost had to spend the night with about 20 other people in a church (and they aren't members). They ended up getting a hotel room (in freakin Lehi) and they live in Payson. Did you see the news? I heard Alpine schools housed like 200 kids that night! I don't know if it's true but, I can believe it! Anyway, I was lookig at your latest blog (NO FUN) and then saw Ryan hangin his head (SOOO FUNNY!) Anyway, the reason I am here is because ... You've been TAGGED! Go to my blog, copy and paste it on a new post, and then replace your answers with mine! Then choose 3 people to "Tag" yourself. Happy Tagging!

Tbone said...

That is some serious snow. I lived in Utah/Wyoming for 9 years, and never saw snow like that. Poor Ryan...it is really humiliating when your big truck can't get out of the snow. Is that truck a 4 wheel drive? If it is, then I need to give Ryan some lessons on how to properly operate it. If it is not, then he doesn't need to hang his head in shame, just needs to consider getting a real truck.

Kat Fuller said...

Elissa, I have some more pictures for you of when Ryan got stuck. I was digging my way out when he drove by, so I had to snap a few. I have to admit it was pretty funny watching him drive down the direction that hadn't been plowed and knowing what was coming. Too bad he was stuck so long though. Call me and give me your email address and I'll send 'em to ya.

Shelley said...

Hey! I will find ou

Shelley said...

Sorry about the last comment. I don't know what happened. I will find out the background website. I had someone else helping me. I bet your house is beautiful. I remember looking through the plans when we were looking at that builder. I'm glad you are finally moved in.
Shelley

Shelley said...

You've beent tagged! Read my blog to find out what to do
Shelley