Wednesday, May 7, 2008

7 Years!

Ryan and I celebrated our 7th anniversary on Sunday, with Sherman coming home on Saturday we celebrated on Friday. One of our most awesome babysitters stepped in to volunteer to watch our kiddles so Ryan and I could go out to eat and have a few hours to ourselves. Thank you so much Ryan and Lacey, and Hailey for enduring the "toys" cousin Lauren brought to you! I'm so grateful for Ryan and all he does for me and our little family. He's such a great dad and husband. He's my best friend and I love bugging him during the day and he puts up with my endless phone calls! Happy Anniversary Handsome Hubby!!
So this morning I got a text from him to say he had been robbed in his hotel room at 3am while in Atlanta. I freaked out and called him right away, he said he's fine and that nothing really happened other than him waking up to a dark figure in his room taking the money out of his wallet. He happened to have over $100 because of the money he took out to pay for Sherman on Saturday. He pretty much never carries cash on him and especially not ever that much. I'm secretly grateful he had that money in there cause the person didn't take anything else other than the cash. I haven't heard from him since early this morning because the reason he is in Atlanta is for a liscensing test, what are the odds an alarm guy gets robbed. Anyway thats the latest with us, I feel so bad for Ryan but he is such a trooper!

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Congrats on 7 years!!

That is the craziest story I have ever heard. How in the world did someone get into the room? I hope that Ryan reported it to the hotel manager. I'm glad that he is safe and that's all the person wanted. It's hard to have him gone all the time and then to have to worry about things like that happening.

Jackie said...

Happy Anniversary guys!! Glad that things are going well for you despite the crazy Atlanta story!! WOW!! We miss you!

Dbone's blogger said...

dang thats lucky that they didnt take anything else boy im glad that hes alright

Rachel said...

Happy anniversary, and what the crap? He woke up to a dark figure in his room???? I would have died of a heart attack right then and there. Seriously. I'm glad he is ok.

The Okamoto Clan said...

Happy Anniversary! We'll be right behind you in September...I can't believe 7 years! I'm glad Ryan is o.k., that sounds super creepy and unreal!

Nikki said...

What!!!!!! How the heck did the guy get into his hotel room? That is scary. On a happier note, Happy Anniversary!

Elissa said...

Thanks everyone! The guy got into his room because Ryan's room door never latched. He didn't know that, it seems obvious that the guy knew it didn't latch. By the way Holiday Inn did nothing to help Ryan out, they only have 2 cameras in the whole hotel and they are only in the lobby! Thank you to everyone who commented! I'm glad his next two trips he'll be traveling with Sterling, thank goodness!

The Rush Family said...

Thank goodness he's okay! That is the scariest story! That certainly is a blessing that it turned out that way. It is a miracle considering how crazy the world is nowadays!

Jeanie_Doll said...

Whoa that is super scary! Glad he is ok. Happy anniversary. I cannot believe it has been seven years. I wonder what Sam and I will be up to in seven years...

{ Bethany } said...

Oh my goodness!!! How did he get into the room?! i wouldve screamed! What did Ryan do???

Erica_Jayne said...

Happy Aniversary! Congratulations on 7 years! I hope the next 7 years are filled with much love and happiness!

I can't believe that happened to Ryan! So crazy!