Thursday, May 29, 2008

Telemarketing

(If you can't read the caption the guy dressed as the devil is saying, "What makes you think I'm in telemarketing?")

ARRRRGGGGHHH!!! I can't tell you how many telemarketing calls we get a day and I am getting super annoyed. We get WAYY more calls from people like that then we do from actual friends and family. So today I researched how to get rid of these obnoxious people, mind you they are not your standard telemarketing calls. They are almost always "charities", one of them is one we donate to once a year and they continue to bug us all year long. Oh and I got one the other day that was a survey company which I HATE also. I hate that they tell you it will only take a minute and ends up taking 20-30 and of course they are the dumbest questions. So finally I googled these numbers and the majority of them you can call the number back and you get an automated message that allows you to enter your number to put on their do not call list!! WOO HOO!!! Thank goodness for small miracles! Anyway just thought I would vent and share what I learned today. Love to all!

6 comments:

Proudfit Family said...

I hate telemarketers!!! It was so bad in Utah that after we put our names on the do not call registry we finally unplugged our home phone. We miss you guys and we are for sure coming with Tammy and Cas for the 4th of July!

Lacey.costner said...

hmm they never call us...they must know we can't afford what they are selling!! lol I'm glad you are resolving this annoying issue!!

The Gibby's said...

Hey hun. You guys have way to much fun. We get all those stinkin' telemarketer call too. I want to reach through the phone and pop 'em! What number did you call to get off the list? Or what website did you go to?

Elissa said...

Hey Haley, I googled the actual number, one of them you can't call them back but two of the ones that constantly call us I called the number back and it has an automated menu with the option to have your number taken off. Hope that makes sense!

Mar and Koki said...

Hey it's been such a long time. The Skinners told me about your blog. You all look great.

It's fun to see how people are doing and WOW, I didn't know you were pregnant. Congrats!

The Reeds said...

Hey that is good to know. We have a million telemarketers calling us as well. I just shut the phone off because I was so annoyed. Hope you guys are having a good summer. We heard that you guys are still getting snow up there. If so that is crazy.