Friday, May 23, 2008

Tender Moment


We were just coming home from getting something to eat and Ryan told me a sweet little tidbit about Reese.

At school today Reese had a Teddy B.E.A.R. picnic, B.E.A.R. stands for something I just can't remember right now. The teacher sent a note home earlier in the week to tell us about the picnic on Friday and that the kids needed to bring a lunch. He usually eats lunch before school but today was a special day. Anyway when we were coming home Ryan told me Reese said his friend forgot to bring a lunch and that he shared his lunch with him. Being pregnant makes me such a boob or maybe that I'm getting older but it just made my heart melt and my eyes tear up. We asked him about it and he said his friend was the only one to forget his lunch and he volunteered to share half his small lunch. Somewhere in Ryan and I's failed parenting we have taught him to be kind or I'd like to think that he is just sweet by nature. Either way it was such a sweet moment with our little Reese I thought I'd share it.

6 comments:

Lacey.costner said...

Aww so cute, even I teared up a little!! Reese really is a sweet considerate little boy. We love that little Roo and you should get an applause as well for teaching your little boy kindness!

Rebecca said...

I love this picture of him! That was such a great face to catch!!

The Kirk Family! said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

The Kirk Family! said...

I am trying to post this again. Didn't work out the first time...Is this Ryan Newcomer from Tri-Cities??? What a BEAUTIFUL Family you have! Great blog..I saw you on Jean East's Blog...I am working on mine...check it out if you want! andrewkirk.blogspot.com
Take Care!

Kara (Horne) Kirk

Vehars said...

That is so stinkin' sweet!! Ah the little Roo can be sweet!

Melody said...

I miss you guys! It's so fun catching up on what everyone's doing through blogging. I showed Isaac the pics of Reese and Isaac said, "how come we don't see him anymore." Sad, I know. Anytime you are in AZ, come visit and stay with us.