Friday, April 11, 2008

Ellie's Blanket


The day I found out I was having a girl, what a week ago I went to JoAnn Fabric to look for fabric to make a blanket for the baby. Reese and Lauren have baby blankets I've made and so on with the tradition. I found this really cute fabric that is a really pretty robin's egg blue and another fabric that had more of a raspberry colored flower. Lauren's room colors are very girly, rose pink, sage green, beige, and cream that vintage rose look. Anyway so I wanted Ellie to have that same extra girly look but with obviously different colors. And so my quest to find coordinating fabrics to match that pretty blue fabric from JoAnns began. I've gone to about 4 different quilting stores and found all the fabric. Now the not so fun part of cutting fabric begins but I'm excited to see how her blanket turns out.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't wait to see the finished quilt! Those are pretty.

Lacey.costner said...

It's going to be so cute!! And I will totally come help and cut out those squares, I don't know the first thing about quilting, but would love to learn.

Shelley said...

That is going to be so beautiful! You are so talented! Make sure you post a picture of the finished blanket. I'm excited for you guys. Miss you guys. :)