Friday, April 4, 2008

Little Miss Graceful

Pity Party for 1!

I was coming out of Costco with my hands slightly full, not really, all I was holding were strawberries, grapes, and a dress, nothing too heavy! Of course I stopped to get my receipt checked and was all set to go when a little person named Lauren was hiding underneath this fat belly of mine and the stuff in my arms. I didn't see her and bumped into her making her fall down spread eagle, I stepped to the side to avoid her and stepped on something most likely her hand. So instead of smashing her fingers to little bits I twisted my ankle and fell to the ground. YES Little Miss Graceful fell at the exit of Costco, dropping my strawberries that I was sure Ryan would be proud of me for picking and pretty much everything in my hands. I felt like an idiot and of course Lauren started screaming. The door receipt ladies were so helpful and a really nice mom and her daughter also helped me. The daughter was even nice enough to run to the back of the store to get me a new thing of strawberries! I'm okay and so is the baby, I think that's why I was crying like a total dork, I just have a really bad sprained ankle! Thank goodness my dad and Dana were home. They both came over and unloaded my car, p.s. I had a car full of groceries as well! I'm so grateful to have my family close! :)

11 comments:

The Bruer Clan said...

Oh my gosh, it's like I have someone to relate to now! :) HA!! I do have to say I didn't get as bad as you...I am sorry u have BROKEN ankle (IN MY MIND)...pregnant it's just worst! HA!! I hope you are doing ok, I still have my moments...Glad to hear you are ok, the baby and Lauren are all ok...You are freakin cute! ;)

Rebecca said...

I think you should try a stunt like that around say 38 weeks and see if you can go into labor! Good luck! (Sorry about the ankle!!)

Lacey.costner said...

awww I totally could have helped you yesterday!! I'm so sorry!!!

The Rush Family said...

Oh that sounds horrible! I am so sorry! You need the Calgon!

Jeanie_Doll said...

Bless your heart! This is one of those stories that you will laugh about later but probably made you bawl the day of.

Jackie said...

I had a fall like that when I had just found out I was pregnant with Brayden... I was so embarrassed!! I hope your ankle is feeling better! Congrats on another girl!!

Nikki said...

Liss, you poor thing. Hopefully it wasn't on a Saturday or you could have been mowed down by all the customers. I swear it is a zoo there on the weekends. I'm glad you three are all doing well. Ice that ankle.

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh, you poor thing. I would've cried too. I did the same thing, but falling down the steps in my garage, the day of my b-day, and three weeks before I was due with Kaden. Pregnant and all.... I hope your ankle is doing better, and you're getting waited on a little bit. :)

malinda said...

Sorry about the Costco incident. I'll have to tell you about my Costco story. It was pretty bad. Get feeling better. So I was for sure you were having a boy. Serves Ryan right for freaking out when you found out you were having a girl with Lauren. That will be fun though. I love having girls. It's fun when they get to play together.

The Roches said...

Hi Elissa!! What an experience at Costco! You're sweet to take one for the team! I'm glad you found our blog and I've added you to ours! Congrats on the baby GIRL!! I just love your sweet family and we miss seeing you guys since everyone's gone separate directions, but I'm glad we at least have blogs to keep in touch!

Rachel said...

Oh man, that sucks. I totally fell at target once while I was holding Halle. EMBARRASSING.