Monday, April 28, 2008

Our little Sherman!

Sherman Newcomer-sorry Ryan and Randy no Beaugard!




For over a month and then some Ryan and I have been debating getting a dog, and if you are a Newcomer or know anything about their dog past a basset hound was a must! There was the obvious puppy mills we could have gotten one from but we wanted to find a breeder here in Utah and pick him out for ourselves. Well we finally found a breeder in Midway and called her up and she had 2 males and 7 females. On Saturday while I was at a bridal shower the kids and Ryan took a drive to Midway, not too far just a 30 minute drive!! The breeder is awesome and has a whole breeder clinic/house dedicated to her business. I have only gotten to see pictures of him since like I said I wasn't there. But from the 4 pictures Ryan sent me he is so dang cute. He isn't Festus, the Newcomers beloved basset from Washington but he will do! He's not ready yet, he'll be 6 weeks on Saturday so thats when we'll pick him up and bring him home to this craziness! I'll take more pictures when we get him home and post them but here are a few to show you how cute he is!

12 comments:

Lacey.costner said...

Sherman huh?? Who came up with that one?? No Festus Jr.??? lol he looks so cute!! And seriously, we will watch ALL the kids SAt night if you guys want to go out for your anniversary!! Love you!!

Elissa said...

Reese actually came up with the name, we were at Petsmart and asked him what he thinks we should name the dog and he said Sherman. We couldn't veto his cute name!!

Rebecca said...

Cute Cute! There is going to be a lot of peeing and crying going on at your house!! Welcome to pethood. :)

Lane Everglade said...

cute cute puppy ...Is the puppy going to turn brown like "Hush Puppies" later? I don't think I can handle baby and baby dog at the same time.

ellen

Elissa said...

The puppy will pretty much stay the same color he is right now with the exception of most likely getting more freckles/black spots.

ranman said...

Too bad, I wished for Beuregard. Sherman Beuregard Newcomer. Like an old Civil War Veteran. I guess I'll just have to call him by his middle name:)

malinda said...

we are going to invite ourselves over. He looks soo cute!! Tessa would love to snuggle him.1

Trevor said...

There is only one Festus, but I like Sherman. Not a popular name in the South, but we Yankees love the name.

Jeanie Doll said...

Cute! I think it is good for a home to have a dog. I can't wait to post pictures of Sam's dog Flojo. He's made her a tom boy but when I get the estrogen flowing in that house her inner princess will awaken! Anyway, I look forward to hearing all about it!

Nikki said...

Liss, he is very cute. Welcome to the world of doggies!!!

Rachel said...

Fun for you! You are a brave woman!!! :)

Erin said...

Oh dogs are sooo fun. I am excited for you all. Two new babies coming soon.
I'm sure I'll run into you soon... at Target, Old Navy, the Mall... you know where I usually see you!